Thursday, June 7, 2012

O'ahu

Only three days after I walked to receive my diploma, Ben and I had a noon flight to O'ahu. It's no secret that I have a major fear of flying. Sunday night we drove to San Jose to stay the night (our flight was out of San Jose). On the drive there, the tears started flowing. I wanted to visit Hawai'i so bad, but I am TERRIFIED of flying. The next morning we got a taxi to the airport. I felt so sick to my stomach. I had to wear my sunglasses so that people wouldn't see me crying. I know, I am a giant sissy. We had some drinks at the bar, and finally boarded our flight. From the second we were sitting on the plane to probably an hour in, I cried and clenched Ben's hand. Poor guy. He was patient with me through this whole illogical fear. In all honesty, the flight was completely uneventful. I even fell asleep for a bit. I tried reading, but I was never comfortable enough to concentrate. I kept doing that thing where you read the same page over and over and over. And then BAM! We were in O'ahu. My former bosses, Steve and Sherrie picked us up at the airport and presented us with lovely, incredibly scented lais. We then drove the the Ko'Olina Beach Villas where they live during their time in Hawai'i. I can tell you that we knew it would be nice, but it was way more amazing than expected!

Upon arrival
The grounds are beautiful!
These leaf deals were wonderful! You were in just enough water to stay cool.

Essentially, upon arrival, I knew putting myself through my huge fear of airplanes was worth it.

Instead of giving you tons to read, let me give you a brief recap of my favorite adventures in O'ahu.

Sea turtles getting some sun
This guy bumped right into me!
Ben's favorite past time
The lagoons were perfect for this non-swimmer. I could just sit on the sand and be in the water.
I must also make a note that I floated on this trip. First time EVER. Too bad we didn't get a pic.
Pearl Harbor
USS Arizona Memorial
One of the most beautiful places we saw
Waimea Falls
They let us borrow their car. We loved it!!
Loved the sunsets
View from the lagoon at the Villas
What a stud!
With the bosses and the stole of gratitude I presented them :)
At Roys for a graduation celebration dinner
We spent 5 days in O'ahu exploring, then we flew to Maui for the rest of our Hawaiian adventure. To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment